To provide you with contact details from Exchange Online and Azure AD, EZ2ID needs to be registered in your Office 365 tenant. Depending on the configuration of your Office 365 tenant, a user may or may not be able to consent to register EZ2ID. Some Office 365 configurations may prevent an regular user account to allow access to the contacts in the tenant. Follow the steps in this article to setup EZ2ID as an Office 365 tenant administrator.
Please refer to this docs article for further information about the permissions requested by EZ2ID
Step 1 – Prepare the enterprise application registration
- Make sure you have an account with the Azure AD “Global Administrator” or the “Application administrator” role assigned.
- Open the Azure AD Portal in your browser (https://aad.portal.azure.com)
- On the left side, click on “Azure Active Directory” (1) and select “Enterprise applications”
- In the “Enterprise applications” tab, switch to “User settings”.
- Make sure that “User can request admin consent to apps they are unable to consent to” is set to “Yes” (2)
- Add your account which is a member of “Global administrator” or “Application administrator” role as a reviewer (3)
- Click on “Save” to save the changes.
Note: It may take a few minutes until the changes take effect.
Step 2 – Register EZ2ID with Azure AD
After making sure users can send consent requests, EZ2ID can send a consent request.
- Install EZ2ID on your iPhone by downloading it from the App Store.
- Open the EZ2ID app and tap on “Sign in with Office 365”
- Enter your account credentials
- You’ll now see the Consent request screen.
- Add the purpose of your request in the comment field (1) and click on “Request approval”
- Switch back to the Azure AD Portal in the „Enterprise applications“ tab and select „Admin consent request“.
- Approve the admin consent request.
- Validate in the EZ2ID app that you can login and see all the business and personal contacts.